Christian

If you worship on Saturday how do you observe it. If you worship on Sunday how to you observe it?

rhanford

Asked by rhanford at 6:25 PM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• We start by opening with song on Sabbath evening (Friday night). We have prayer and devotions. We attend church on Sabbath morning. We take nature walks, visit the sick and shut-in,have Bible study,or just relax. We'll usually round out the day by having friends over for lunch/dinner or visit friends for the same. It's a calm, relaxing, and peaceful day without outside interruption.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 6:54 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• It is a holy sepated day to remember God and go to a Bible church(southern Baptist) also rest no shopping ect.,
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 6:32 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Jesus is the fulfillment of the "Sabbath". Therefore everyday is a day of worship and praise for Christians.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 6:33 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• that is Sunday
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 6:33 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• one day of the weak is to be set aside for God the 7th day God rested so we do too! look in Genesis creation
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 6:35 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Saturday is the Sabbath day actually. The week starts on Sunday and ends on Saturday if you want to be precise.

Anonymous

• I don't really "worship" in a sense. I don't go to church,but I feel very close to God...everyday.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 6:47 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

--------------
    Yes, I agree that Jesus fulfilled the law as the New Testament says he did and also refers to Jesus as "our Sabbath." The New Testament encourages us to find our own days of worship. My church chooses to worship on Sunday (NOT because it is the "Sabbath" because it isn't. We don't observe the Sabbath because of what I just said) because they believe the Apostles worshiped on Sunday. I personally do my "formal" day of congregational worship because that is when the church I love does it.

It's like any other day, I pray throughout the day and involve God in my thoughts. I do a lot of reading regarding the Bible and Biblical history. On Sundays, in addition, I go to church. We sing, hear the reading of scripture and hear a sermon, go home and enjoy family.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 7:19 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• On other days, I visit people in nursing homes (I was a nursing home social worker before having my son and am trying to go back to work so you could say I use every day to visit those in need, not just one particular day). I volunteer at the church on Wednesday. I get involved with political events and causes that I think God would honor because they help people. Other than going to church on Sunday, no other day really stands out more than the other in terms of how much of the day is dedicated to God.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 7:21 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

Okay, so how have the other nine commandments been fulfilled? Does Jesus' sacrifice mean we now can murder? What about adultery? Is it now cool to covet? "Fulfillment" doesn't mean that Jesus did away with any of the TC. During His earthly life, Jesus Christ perfectly fulfilled the Ten Commandments by keeping them as our example. He never stole, lied, or dishonored His parents. Jesus Christ also said, "till heaven and earth pass, o­ne jot or o­ne tittle shall in no wise pass from the law" (Mat. 5:18). In this light, then He said we should not "break o­ne of these least commandments," but should "do" and "teach" them. Mat. 5:18,19.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 7:27 PM on Jun. 28, 2009