How much shoul I save for a vacacation? Also any suggestions?

I want to start saving up for a family vacation for our 5 year anniversary. that will be 8-20011. I want to go some where beautiful, the kids will be 4 & 2 then. Any suggestions?

NiekaC

Asked by NiekaC at 6:47 PM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Travel

• 10 grand
    Anonymous

• Depends on where you want to go. I would look up where you want to go and start researching it. Don't forget to figure in food, souvenirs, travel costs, etc.

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 6:50 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• August will get you some good deals on Cruise ships , especially at the end on the mont!h. If the kids are not in school the beginning of September is better!! It is hurricane season in the Caribbean so you get deals but you need to be a bit flexible. all -Inclusive resorts are great deals then too. Most (all cruises) all have childcare included!!! so you can actually get a romantic dinner in!!!. Hope this helps!   $$$? depends on where you live for air fare. That would be the biggest expense. cruise could be as little  1500$ for all including shows, food, kids clubs.

chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 11:30 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• it all depends on where you want to go..

ex. lets say the price of a motel a night is $139... add in food for the day (at least breakfast/lunch and dinner for four) between $40-$120 a day for food, plus snacks.. Gas (and who knows what it will be then).. and flight planes (if your flying).. and souvenirs, and places your visiting..and the number of nights.. it can cost anywhere from $800-$10,000. If you PM me though, we can talk about certain places you are interested and the number of nights and come upwith a closer figure.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:38 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Kauai,Hawaii
    Alaska
    Anonymous