One piece of advice.....

What is one piece of advice you got during your pregnancy that actually ended up really helping you out?

Mothers-to-be are given so much advice that it's hard to sort through what will be helpful and what won't. :)

StefanieN84

Asked by StefanieN84 at 6:50 PM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I strongly agree with tnm786 but the 2nd best thing that helped me was to chuddle. It'll feel like your babys going to be crying for something every few minutes so to keep from feeling like a slave, cuddle. Those times when your babys ok and awake lay on your side on your bed with her/him next to you and just loose yourself in how amazing your baby is. You don't even have to talk to her/him, although thats good to do too, just give 'em kisses and play with their hands and feet and so on. Doing that REALLY saved me.
    kira_5105

Answer by kira_5105 at 7:01 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Get some sleep while you can. LOL!

Answer by Bmat at 6:53 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• My grandma told me to sleep when they sleep. Even if it's for 15 minutes here and there, just to atleast rest your body. It was helpful because I was losing my insanity from being so sleep deprived when I brought her home lol.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 6:53 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• It wasn't when I was pregnant but shortly after I was complaining that ever time I had a day off I was cleaning something and telling my very little kids to go play or we'll do that later. Someone told me, your kids will never remember the floors being dirty or the laundry not being done, but they will remember how much time you spent with them. that made so much sense to me.

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 6:55 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• The world doesn't rotate around you just because you are pregnant. Before you have the baby you have everything all figured out, after you have the baby you figure out you don't. And it doesn't ever end. Be open to learn and take suggestion.
    Anonymous

• sleep when the baby sleeps. the end!! lol it is thebest piece of advice i think i could ever pass on to a new mom.
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 6:59 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I agree Anon 6:55...I'm pregnant and ahve enver thought the world revolved around me. I don't get it when women act like that. I mean...look around you....all of these people came from a pregnant woman, lol. It's nothing new.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 7:06 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Thanks already ladies...I will definitely take the advice! I need all that I can get, lol. My mom has told me many similar things..especially those about sleeping when the baby does. :)
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 7:07 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• So I'm not as dumb as you thought huh?
    Anonymous

• If you're the person I'm assuming you are, you're even dumber than I thought. Nice try, though! :)
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 7:18 PM on Jun. 28, 2009