Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

anyone how to find a baby sitter who can handle babys with g-tubes?

My son is 17 months I cant seem to find a baby sitter anywhere I live in alcoa Tn or maryville not all the time just every now and then baby sitter trust worthy.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 6:56 PM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

Answers (4)
  • if there is a local cyfd, they can help you find a sitter or place they can watch your child

    Answer by vgiron at 7:04 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

  • I would check out at the local college..........usually they have an employment board that lists jobs like babysitting or other part time moneymakers. See if there is a nursing student that may be interested.
    I have a special needs child and I know how frustrating it can be to find care for their needs! Best of luck to you.

    Answer by Foster_Mom at 7:05 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

  • I am guessing these tubes are medical? If any thing you should be involved with Early Intervention, then get involved with respite. If your child has special needs, like my baby, it will help.

    Answer by poulsenjosh at 7:32 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

  • I think you should call a registry office. They employ nurses, and you can use them only when you need to, for as long as you need to. I worked for one and they had a ton of pediatric clients. some of the clients were on 24 hour watch and some were on an as needed basis. Also, you can train someone you really trust, and then have them show you that they understand all the steps invoved in feeding, meds, etc

    Answer by MISTYLYNNLVN at 2:49 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.