So I still haven't seen any links proving that smoking pot is perfectly safe during pregnancy.

Show me. Not peoples ideas or opinions, I want scientific proof that it is safe. I don't think you'll find it. People want to justify it but they can't seem to prove it. Where does it say that it ups a childs intelligence! BS!! I can't believe another mom in her right mind would even state something like this. Have you ever seen anyone stoned! It's like the epitomy of dumb!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:37 PM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• who cares, be concerned with your own life.
    Anonymous

• I agree..I don't think smoking ANYTHING while pregnant is smart. but I guess if they do it let them you can't change evry1
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 7:39 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I think the anon @739 is probably one of the moms who smokes pot while she's pregnant. It will be everyone's problem when we have a generation of screwed up kids because their mothers were jonesing for a doob.
    Anonymous

• Marijuana: Whether use of marijuana during pregnancy can harm the fetus is unclear. The main component of marijuana, tetrahydrocannabinol, can cross the placenta and thus may affect the fetus. However, marijuana does not appear to increase the risk of birth defects or to slow the growth of the fetus. Marijuana does not cause behavioral problems in the newborn unless it is used heavily during pregnancy. Source

It's an issue that experts don't agree on, but I think mostly they just don't want to "encourage" illicit drug use.

motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 7:42 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• smoking anything during pregnancy isnt safe. the carbon monixide and other chemicals from the smoke alone can harm the fetus. as well as the smoker. not that i'm saying it's OK, but I met moms who couldnt...ok more like wouldnt... stop smoking cigs, but reduced it to maybe one a day and their baby was fine, and moms who smoked pot to "help with morning sickness", their child turned out fine. many of them say "I smoked pot and my child is very intelligent". well IMO intellect is hereditary and depends on how well taught the child is at home (getting read to a lot, eating healthy...etc). not from the mother smoking pot. I think thats a stupid excuse to continue getting high. I support marijuana for medicinal purposes, but not during pregnancy. too risky. the thc is known to slow down growth!
    Anonymous

• It also has been linked to premature birth, so why would you risk having a baby born fighting to breathe for some weed?
    Anonymous

• http://www.jointogether.org/news/research/summaries/2007/warning-on-danger-of-smoking.html
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:53 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Oops, I misread your question. I thought you wanted evidence proving it is NOT safe. Lol
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:54 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• no proof that its safe its not worth the risk. but there is no real proof that it causes harm. i know people who have smoked while pregnant and their child is just fine and intelligent. i know people who didnt and their kid has problems. an vice versa, if someone is willing to take the chance with no real proof let them. just dont do it yourself if you believe its wrong
    Anonymous

• Children with ADHD are extremly intelligent, however ADD and ADHD are linked to smoking pot during pregnancy.
    Anonymous