My son will be 7 months very soon! Question on foods..

what is okay for a baby to eat at 7 months? Any spices or table food that is okay? What about the little fruit puffs from the store for babies?

Right now he eats 2nd stage gerber foods (besides the pineapple and berries ones) when I don't have the time to make something, natural applesauce, ripe bananas, pears, sweet potatoes and carrots.

He's about to start crawling by the way. The pediatrician even noticed when he was sitting up all on his own and pushing himself forward onto his belly for toys.

ours

Asked by ours at 7:39 PM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• ive always givin my baby little bites of what im eating,just no cold meats,they have to be cooked,no peanut butter or egg whites,they can have scrambled eggs though.if he seems interested id let him try a little bit,but not to much and wait and watch if they get a reaction it should happen within 4 days.fruit is real good for babies
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 7:41 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I'm not going to give him meat until he's old enough to chew. The baby meat just grosses me out. It smells like cat food. He's already got four teeth, I bet he'll have a mouth full by the time he's one.
    ours

Answer by ours at 7:44 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Mine is 6 months and I've been experiencing with her the past week. She eats cheerios now twice a day, I usually give her 2 at a time, she doesn't have teeth so she gums them. The other day, I made Kraft Mac-N-Cheese and cut a noodle into thirds and fed it to her, she loved it! I haven't tried meats yet and she's not too crazy about fruit. I also let her gum on animal crackers.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:51 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Try www.wholesomebabyfood.com, I always recommend it, my DD is 10 months and I still find new things to try on there. GL!
    Kiiimmm

Answer by Kiiimmm at 9:39 PM on Jun. 28, 2009