how to get rid of heart burn

with out pills? I tried lots of milk-makes me more sick-. I've also tried water, nothing, and lastly I've tried lime, B.S. I need help, I can't eat nothing, its making me mad

Lovin_mybaby5

Asked by Lovin_mybaby5 at 7:43 PM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i have heartburn really bad i take either milk or tums you said you cant have milk try tums and see if they help u
    seansgurl

Answer by seansgurl at 7:45 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Put milk in the freezer for like ten minutes then take it out and put ice in it. Don't drink too much, just enough to soothe you a little bit. Too much might actually make it worse.
    ours

Answer by ours at 7:45 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I have heartburn and I just take Tums. It's just calcium carbonate. I figure I need the calcium anyways. It always works for me. :)
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 7:46 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Honestly though, ice cold milk is what got me through the last few months. It still sucks, but it definitely helps.
    ours

Answer by ours at 7:46 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I can't swallow tums or anything like that when I have heart burn, I start to puke it all up
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 7:46 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I always sip on the milk slowly, like when you've been vomiting and they tell you to drink slowly. It doesn't take much either to get rid of the heartburn. I hope that helps, I know how awful it is. GL
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:48 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Try eating a handfull of almonds. I swear this works. I used to work in a womans unit at our hospital and it works unless you have a nut allergy.
    etsmom

Answer by etsmom at 7:50 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• chew on some celery
    Anonymous

• Baking soda water. Little water with a dash of baking soda it is gross but it works. Milk is a quick substitute but it really just makes it worse.

akmami0f4

Answer by akmami0f4 at 7:55 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• im no help. im 20 weeks and get the same thing occasionally. I chew ice chips but in the end it doesnt really help...I just find a sitting position and wait it out...I dont take any pills either If im not feelng like im dying i feel like its pointless. JMO
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 8:05 PM on Jun. 28, 2009