My mucus plug & no dilation..normal?

So my due date is the 30th. And when i went to the doctor last tuesday i still had no diliation. so my doctor sceduled a induction for the 7th, i really don't want to be induced but it seems like the only way she's going to come out.
I also don't recall losing my mucus plug.
Has anyone else had this problem and then all the sudden just had there baby without the induction, because i'm really hoping that's what going to happen, but it just seems a little to late.

LLClark91

Asked by LLClark91 at 7:46 PM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well if you don't want to be induced, tell the dr. that you want as much time as possible to go into labor on your own. you are not considered to be 'overdue' until after 42 weeks, so i would reschedule the induction for after that point (assuming that you don't have any major problems). also, labor and dialation does not have to happen gradually.... it can happen all at once (like your water breaks or you lose the mucus plug and then labor starts). and just fyi.... if and when you lose your mucus plug you will remember it. it's so gross lol. but gl and hopefully you will go into labor naturally :)
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:51 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Diddo, to what the above poster said, you do NOT have to be induced. This is a choice unless you or the baby is at risk, tell your Dr, but you still have time, labor starts when we least expect it LOL. Be patient mommy, she/he will be here soon enough.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:56 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• thanks for the feedback its just soo frustrating!
    she's already stubborn and she's not even out yet!
    haha
    LLClark91

Answer by LLClark91 at 8:00 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• i never lost my mucus plug that i knew of.....i had labor pains....my water broke and that was it!!!!!!......lol
    bigblueeyes

Answer by bigblueeyes at 8:28 PM on Jun. 28, 2009