What are some home remedies for a toddler with a yeast infection? I tried what the doc gave us but no work and i dont want to take her back!

mommyof2gals

Asked by mommyof2gals at 7:48 PM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If it's topical, use athletes foot cream! It worked like a charm!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 7:56 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• i don't know of any home remedies. but maybe if you call the doc back and tell them you went through the prescribed time with the drug he gave her and its not gone. he'll prescribe something else over the phone.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 7:56 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I've personally never had one and don't have kids, so I don't want to dispense advice that you may want to get from a doctor, but...I had a friend who swore by putting plain yogurt "in there" and all around it. I guess it has that Acidophilus bacteria that kills yeast. I think it has to be completely plain though, no flavors. Just be careful....yeast infections can spread to the intestines and become dangerous if left untreated. You should take her back to the doctor, in my opinion. Google that yogurt thing just to make sure, btw.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 7:57 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• We used monistat.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 8:00 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Is it the topical infection in the diaper area? Or is it inside the vagina? I've been through a few different types with my kids.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 8:01 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Please don't use athletes foot cream or yogurt on your baby. If the medications are not working there is a chance she was misdiagnosed and its something more serious. You really need to take her back in. Call the doctor and explain to them that the medications did not work. If you aren't wanting to go back in because you can't afford to them ask them if they have any samples for another medication that might do the job.
    Anonymous

• stephanien84 not to be rude but if you dont have kids why are you on a website made for mothers?
    Anonymous

• Anon 8:05

When I said I don't have kids, I meant...I don't have kids capable of getting yeast infections. I don't have kids OUTSIDE of me, yet lol. I realize now what you were referring to...when I responded to this question. I didn't realize what I had typed originally, and thought you were checking out my profile to check or something, lol.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 8:18 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Try giving your child probiotics. If she is still taking a bottle, you can buy either powder or capsule forms and sprinkle it in a bottle each day (better than sugary yogurt). If she's over the age of a bottle (or breastfeeding), try sprinkling it on anything cold, or in her cold drink. Also cut out as much sugar and yeasty foods (breads etc). Make sure she's drinking plenty of water (if she's past the bottle age) and if you want to give cranberry juice, try to find one that has a very low amount of sugar, and doesn't have a lot of fillers in it (just cranberries). Good luck:)
    DreaKevAiyana

Answer by DreaKevAiyana at 10:22 PM on Jun. 28, 2009