Sibling rivalry....when your not looking

I'm 23 with a 6 mo old, a 2 yr old boy, and a 3 yr old girl. The older 2 get along alright but my daughter knows she can pick on and push around her brother so when she's upset or acting out at me she does things to him. It's rarely serious btw, just taking toys, pushing, blocking his path. I have so many other things to do though - like chores and baby stuff - that half the time I didn't even see what happened. Also, he doesn't say any words yet so he'll cry if a toy doesn't do something he wants, you know, and she didn't do anything to him. So what do I do if I didn't even see what happened? What if she didn't even do anything? How do you guys manage your kids behavior when your doing things in the other room?

kira_5105

Asked by kira_5105 at 7:59 PM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• if you suspect she did something, ask her and go off her answer ( i have a 3 1/2 yr old she smiles, looks down, hides her face etc when she lies to me) if you can tell she's lying than give her the chance to tell the truth and go from there. if she tells the truth, go a little easier since shes being honest and just talk to her about it. my 3 1/2 yr old understands when she is being mean and when she isn't, so when i talk to her about it she knows what she did wrong.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 8:08 PM on Jun. 28, 2009