Infants and Sunscreen?

At what age can you apply sunscreen to your baby?
I know my infant needs to be mostly in the shade, but she's loving the water. I was just wondering how soon I can put sunscreen on her, and let her stay in the pool with us for more than a minute or two.

mama_moonsong

Asked by mama_moonsong at 8:14 PM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my sons 3 months old and hes been swimming in indoor pools and creeks for the last few weeks now in the creek i put huggies sunscreen on him and a hat and his floaty has a shade on it he loves swimming and usually swims w us for an hr or 2
    aidensmama8

Answer by aidensmama8 at 2:12 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I have 3 kids and have always waited until they were 6 months old to put baby sun screen on them. Of course, read everything on the bottle/tube to be sure of what you're getting and put a hat on her.
    kira_5105

Answer by kira_5105 at 8:39 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I was actually told I could use that new neutrogena baby screen on my 2 month old. since it is free of everything. i used it this last weekend and my baby had no problems. the only downfall is that it is about 10 bucks for a small bottle. gl
    newmommy61207

Answer by newmommy61207 at 8:55 PM on Jun. 28, 2009