has anyone been to Ghosttown in Smokey Mountains/NC area?

We are suppose to go on a family vacation and that is one of the stops. I am just wondering what the ride up the chair lift is like and how the actual ghost town/park is like. Is it worth the money?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:33 PM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It was closed when I went to Maggie Valley as a teenager. We went to Tweetsie Railroad instead, it's a lot of fun too if you guys have the time to make a stop there. My family members say Ghost Town was pretty cool the first time it was open though, I'm not sure what renovations they've made to it. The chair lift looks hella cool, it takes you up the mountain and over the trees and everything. Tweetsie Railroad has a smaller chairlift that does the same thing.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:36 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• When i was a kid it was fun. Not sure what it would be like now. I agree about Tweetsie, it's fun, the chair lift is really cool. The fudge shop is awesome!! LOL. Sorry I couldn't be of more help about Ghost town. I haven't seen it in 20 years.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 8:42 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• yeah, it's kinda cute, but i haven't been since they changed owners, my family lives in Cherokee, and my grandma used to take us there, it was kind of run down but the shows were so fun! we also went to SantaLand which was kinda strange....
    sophiebethmom

Answer by sophiebethmom at 10:03 PM on Jun. 28, 2009