PLEASE HELP IM WORRIED

I have a 2 month old and when I go to feed him on my left side and lay him down he suddenly starts screaming. This is only when he lays on his left side. He has slept maybe a total of an hour all day. He wakes up screaming like he is in some sort of pain. Any ideas??? I am thinking he may have an ear infection but he isnt running a temp or reaching for his ear.

newmommy61207

Asked by newmommy61207 at 9:02 PM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't think you always have to have a fever with an ear infection. I would call the doc on call at your peditrician's office if you think it might be serious and cant wait for tomorrow.
    Anonymous

• I agree w/ above. I dont think all babies run a temp w/ ear infections (remember this for the future that just b/c normally a babys symptoms r something dosent mean ur baby will have those same symptoms b/c each child is very different). If u think u can get through the night w/ him then do it b/c if u call ur on call dr all they r going to say is call back tomorrow to make an appointment & if u feel like u need to go to the ER then go. Believe me after several phone calls the on call after hours this is the only answer I get. Good Luck
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 9:10 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I would take the baby to your doctor. My son had an ear infection around that age and didn't have a temperature. They will probably give you medicine and say that he could take tylenol. Don't wait because you don't want it to get worse than it is.
    OneProudMommy82

Answer by OneProudMommy82 at 9:33 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I agree that even without the fever, if he's in pain, something is wrong and you want to address it quickly.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 9:42 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Call the doc, give him a nice warm bath and get him some help. It would be horrible to be in the amount of pain he is obviously in and to be tired on top of that. Sounds very much like an ear infection if he is only screaming on one side.
    mummylovebaby

Answer by mummylovebaby at 10:29 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• aw poor thing I would call an on call doctor or call your doctor. I hope he gets better.
    bear47001

Answer by bear47001 at 1:58 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Have the dr give him an xray my cousins baby was doing that and they gave him an xray and they figured out that his ball joint in his hip was flat instead of round and if u catch it now it wont b too hard to fix my cousins baby has to wear a leg brace for a few months and if u catch it early it wont delay their ability to learn how to walk
    aidensmama8

Answer by aidensmama8 at 1:59 AM on Jun. 29, 2009