Mylanta Infant Gas Drops: Has anyone used them and are they safe to use?

In a couple weeks I'm getting ready to have baby number 2, I had these with ds but never used them as he was exclusively breastfed, I'm going to formula feed this one and I just would like to know if they work and are safe and when to give to them and at what age?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:04 PM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• they seem to work for us when ds was a baby. i think you can start using them from birth but you would have to check the box to make sure
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 9:11 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I believe you can use them from birth, and you can give the medicine separately or put it in the formula bottle directly. You may want to do that once you know that he/she will finish the bottle, but it does help regardless. Also, it's very gentle and you can give it at every feeding. Check the label to be sure. Congrats on the baby coming!
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 9:34 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• They can work, but I'd recommend that you only give them to your baby if they are having gas problems. Giving it for no reason makes no sense. Also, breastfed babies get gas too, so you could've used them with your first child if they were needed. Just saying.
    HisMommy414

Answer by HisMommy414 at 1:28 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Yes they are COMPLETELY safe and a life saver when ur poor baby is screaming from a gas bubble that a few drops will take away
    aidensmama8

Answer by aidensmama8 at 1:56 AM on Jun. 29, 2009