My child is four months and I am EBF. How likely am I to conceive?

My husband and I want to start having another baby. I've already received my period back, but my baby has not been introduced to any other food than me. Nor am I pumping. How likely am I to conceive right now?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:21 PM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I conceived my second son around 4 months postpartum while exclusively breastfeeding. Like the other said, every woman is different. If you are indeed having your period again, you can most definitely get pregnant.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 9:30 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• everyone woman is different, it just depends, anytime you have sex though, there is always the chance of pregnancy, ALWAYS.
    prettymama0607

Answer by prettymama0607 at 9:25 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• natural spacing is usually 20 months which means at 10 months post parum is when MOST people conceive who are exclusively breast feeding
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 9:26 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• WOW you dont want to waste any time. I would wait and bond with this one first before going all crazy trying to have another one...
    Anonymous

• Please ignore the stupid anon. above..... like a complete stranger has any say in when you should conceive a child LOL some people!! Anyway, I'm really not sure but good luck!!!
    pinkgemini85

Answer by pinkgemini85 at 8:30 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I got pregnant when my first was 10 months old. I got pregnant a third time when my 2nd baby was 10 months old. Both times I was breastfeeding and we weren't trying to get pregnant.

You can get pregnant when you're breastfeeding even if you're periods haven't come back, but if they are already back and regular (mine come back 6 weeks after each delivery) then that should make it easier to get pregnant. Also, when your baby starts to eat any solids at all, it will be much easier to get pregnant.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:54 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Oh, I forgot to add that when I got pregnant the first time, I continued to breastfeed my first baby until 2 months before my due date. It did get a little rough in the 2nd trimester because my nipples got so sensitive, but I stuck it out. I weaned her a couple of months before delivery just because I didn't want to nurse a newborn and a toddler at the same time.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:55 AM on Jun. 30, 2009