After miscarriage questions?

I had a miscarriage this last week. I have another dr.'s apt tuesday, but i just have some questions now. How long on average to you bleed? When can you have sex again? (as soon as the bleeding stops I would guess) Do you suggest trying to concieve right away, or how long would you wait. Any other suggestions. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:22 PM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i'm very sorry to hear that hun. i too had a miscarriage, i was 6 weeks along. i bled for about 2 weeks, and yes my doctor told me to wait until the bleeding stopped.
    but my fiance and i tried to conceive again immediately. as soon as we could have sex again, we were at it again. its actually easier to conceive right after a miscarriage, just as it is right after a pregnancy. so i had my miscarriage may 27, 2008, and my beautiful little girl was born march 24, 2009! it will happen again for you, don't fret! good luck!
    psylees_mommy

Answer by psylees_mommy at 9:31 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• It depends on how far along you were when you missed and a little investigation on your part to try and figure out why you missed so that if it is something preventable you fix it for next time... generally misses before week #13 are a problem with the baby misses after week #13 are problem with Mom
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 9:33 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• drs usually say to wait til your next period before tring for a baby again
    i had 3 miscarriages and they were all in a row my dr said it was because we didnt wait long enough in between
    we got lucky tho the 4th time nad had our daughter but it was a rough pregnancy
    i would ask your dr and seriously wait just to be safe
    im sorry for your loss
    and good luck on tring again
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:05 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Sorry for your loss, But I had a miscarriage at 8 weeks and had to have a d&C and I bled for about 2 weeks afterwards and the doctor told me to wait at least 3 months or 3 periods so right after that 3rd period my husband and I tried and got prego right away with a healthy little girl that is 14months now. so good luck and I think when ever you feel your body is ready then go for it!
    Mamamegan

Answer by Mamamegan at 11:50 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• i misscarried on June 8 and had a d&c i was almost 10 weeks i went to my dr and June 22 she said everything was fine for use to start but she said some will say wait 3 months same say after your first period it just depends on your body and how things go i guess

and im so sorry for your lost ihope next time around it a good preg for you
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Jun. 29, 2009