yay! I'm being induced tomorrow!! please ANSWER!! ASAP

I'm being induced tomorrow and I honestly have no idea what to expect..I've been told it may take up to 48 hrs and it may go fast.. I'm hoping for FAST! I'm so anxious to meet my baby girl!

Anyways I've been @ 4cm dilated ( for a while I guess, unless there's been a change in the last couple weeks) and 90% effaced, with my amniotic sac bulging and baby @ station zero.
I'm just wanting opinions , do you ladies think I'll get 'er done tomorrow ??? *crosses fingers*

I'd also like to hear your stories and experiences, so I can kind of have an idea what to expect.
They are calling me @ 6:30 am to tell me what time to come in at...

AshleyRoseG

Asked by AshleyRoseG at 9:23 PM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• sorry sweetie i don't know anything about being induced, but i just wanted to say congratulations! babies are such little miracles.. you will love it.
    psylees_mommy

Answer by psylees_mommy at 9:28 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I was 3 cm for a long time, they induced and it was 16 hours of labor and 1 hour of pushing. It's so exciting to finally met your little one. Congrats and good luck tomorrow!
    Anonymous

• when i was induced i was not effaced or dialated at all!

they started my pitocin drip at like 1 pm, and upped every 30 mins to get me moving... it took a while fore me... at 5or 6 pm they came in and broke my water, i was maybe 3-4 cm at that time... kept upping my drip,, at around 9 pm i asked for a pain shot cause i was feeling some contractions, and at 11 i was offered a epi, which i took casue the anisetholigist was going to be in a 4 hour long sugery and since i was so swollen all over, including my back they didnt want anyone but the head to do it..... after that i slept all night, they ahd slowed my drip so the baby could be born in the am.....

i was woke up at like 8 am and started getting ready for delivery... he was born at 10:35 am....

2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 9:31 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• i went in at 9pm and they did an exam on me. said i was 3cm. they gave me an enema to clean me out. let that set for about an hour. about 10.30 they started my meds and gave me something mild to help me sleep. i had terrible contractions . the stupid dr was not there when i was ready to deliver and they held me back for about an hour. that shit just pissed me off. i finally had her at 9:05 the next morning.  just so you know i did not have the same dr with my second child.

twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 9:33 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• With you already being at 4 cm, I ASSUME they will start you on poitocin, but that is up to your Dr every one of them is different. Risk of getting a c-section are alot higher with an induction, but obviously not every induction does, I have had 3 inductions, did fine with all of them. If this is your first baby, it might take a bit longer. If they do pitocin, they will hook you up to an IV and come in every hour and up the medication untill yor contractions are about 3-5 minutes long lasting about a minute. They may break your water to start labor too, and once your water is broken contractions hurt a bit more cause you loose that coushin of fluid. Try to stay upright as much as possible, and if you are planning an epidural, wait as long as possible to get it, the longer you stay upright, even just leaning over the bed or sitting up, the shorter labor will be. Good Luck!
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 9:34 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I was induced twice.

First time they gave me Cytotec at 6 am Wed. then started me on Pitocin shortly after. My dd was born at 1:24 AM on Thurs.

With my second they gave me Cervadil at 8PM on Thurs. and started the Pitocin at 5am on Fri. When I got there I was 2cm dialated and 70% effaced. My son was born on Friday at 8:50PM

I got stalled at 4 cm then made slow progress from there. With both of mine,within the last 30 min with my first and 1 hr with my second, I went from 7-10cm.

Good luck. Your way further than I was with either so it should go pretty quick.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 9:37 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• how sad it is to be born here:( I'm sorry for your baby girl but wish you both well
    Anonymous

• i was induced and i was only 1 cm and 80 % effaced
    it took from 4 am to about 3 pm for me to have my daughter
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:00 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I was induced at 60% and I was at a four. I showed up at five thirty and was all set up with pitocin by six thirty. At seven my ob/gyn came in and broke my water and every thirty minutes they upped the medicine. I wanted to avoid the epidural, but feared being in labor for two days and went ahead and accepted one around nine or nine thirty. Then pushed for twenty minutes and had my baby at eleven thirty.

Induced labor really isn't scary. More so exciting. I wish you the best of luck!

My best advice: Get the best sleep tonight. I was so anxious I only slept but two hours and couldn't sleep during labor because of the pain. Also, take tonight to go out. You won't be for a long time!
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 10:14 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Is this baby # 1 for you? If so I do not know but with me I was with my 3rd baby and with this one unless she want to come before that. When I got it they told me the samething but I had her 2 hours after they gave me the meds
    Mz.PhatPhat

Answer by Mz.PhatPhat at 10:40 PM on Jun. 28, 2009