Tonsils and Adnoids..

My 5 year old is going to have his tounsils and adnoids out soon. I was taking to a nurse today and she said that is a harsh surgery. Then she said how a girl she knows who was 8 hemeraged and died a few days later at home. Now this has got me worried!!.
Anyone with children who had this done before, what can I expect?
..Please no scary stories, Thanks ♥

r00j04j08

Asked by r00j04j08 at 9:38 PM on Jun. 28, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• MY SON HAD IT DONE LAST YEAR HE WAS 6 AND HE IS FINE IT TOOK ABOUT A WEEK FOR RECOVERY WHERE HE COULD EAT AGAIN BUT HE IS FINE IT WENT WELL NO PROBLEMS THERE ARE RISKS BUT I FEEL IT WAS NEEDED I WAS THERE ALL THROUGHT THE WHOLE THING THEY MONTOR HIM FOR AT LEAST A COUPLE HOURS BEFORE HE WAS RELEASED TO MAKE SURE EVERYTHING WAS FINE THEY ALSO MAKE SURE THAT HE CAN CONSUME SOMETHING LIQUIDS MAYBE EVEN FOOD BUT MY SON WAS ONLY GOING FOR LIQUID POPSICALS ARE GREAT SOUP IS GOOD TOO JUST THE LIMPTON PACKS WHERE IT IS NOT TO SALTY THEY LOVE THE NOODLES IT JUST SLIDES DOWN I ALSO GAVE HIM THE CARNATION INSTANT BREAKFASTS WHERE YOU ADD THE WATER IT IS NUTRIOUS AT LEAST THEY HAVE SOME TYPE OF VITIAMINS YOU CAN MAKE IT WARM OR COLD WHICH EVER WAY TO SOOTH THE THROAT GOOD LUCK AND HE WILL BE FINE
    2BOYS2GIRLSTIE

Answer by 2BOYS2GIRLSTIE at 7:12 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• everyone has a horror story for something. with everything there is a risk, but for the most part it is a very routine surgery. you just have to ask yourself, do the risks out weight the benifits?

my son has never gone under the knife, i am sorry that you and your child have to go through the stress and worry of having to do so. good luck
    wesleys_mama

Answer by wesleys_mama at 10:57 PM on Jun. 28, 2009