Drugs During Pregnancy?

I recently had to have an emergency tooth pulled ( it was about to abscess) and the dentist prescribed me percocets 10mg for afterward. My doc assured me that its safe and I am in a LOT of pain from the surgery, but I'm still scared that it will hurt the baby! I'm 30 weeks. Have any of you had to take pain killers while pregnant, and if so, what side effects did you experience? I took a half of mine, and am very sick feeling, but it did help. I just wish I weren't so scared!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:40 PM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I've been prescribed lortabs for my wisdom tooth pain and my doctor, the pharmacist, and websites I've visited all say it's okay. Lortab is acetaminophen and hydrocodone/vicodin and so far everything has been fine. Your doctor wouldn't prescribe you something harmful. You can always check with the pharmacist too, but I'm sure you're fine to take it. Sometimes the pain can be more harmful than the medicines. Just take it as directed, and only for the pain.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 12:13 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Check out www.askdrsears.com for drugs that can safely be taken.
    used2chaos

Answer by used2chaos at 9:50 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• please message me once you find out about this because I am really close to going to the ER for my wisdom teeth.. the left side of my face is swollen and I can barely eat anything and if I drink anything it has to be out of a straw..
    SweetPea102689

Answer by SweetPea102689 at 11:46 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I've actually been told that you can't take percocet while pregnant but I'm not sure how true that is or isn't since I've never needed it while pregnant. I would call your OB and check it over with him/her before taking anymore.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 12:39 AM on Jun. 29, 2009