Do I have post-partum depression?

I'm constantly tired, I feel like no one will help me, I cant lose any of my baby weight, I dont want to have sex with my husband. I'm afraid to say something to my doctor because honestly I dont have time to be sick. I dont know what to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 PM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Health

• It could be- or it could be just the exhaustion of having a baby. You don't mention how old your baby is....but a newborn sucks the energy right out of you. It's common to be exhausted and feel like you are not doing as much as you should be. And who does want to have sex with a newborn. Hello- you gave birth! Baby weight is hard to lose when you can't even think straight because you are so tired. That said- PPD is serious. It can be treated and you can be doing much better if that is what it is. You don't say you fear that you will hurt yourself or your child- which is good. But I think you should talk to someone about it. Mention it to your husband. My midwife gave my DH a check list of signs for PPD and when I thought I might have it- he went over it with me. I didn't have it- but I did talk to my husband and my midwife. I got support from both to relieve the exhaustion and my worries! Good Luck! Take care of yourself!
    Greenbeans422

Answer by Greenbeans422 at 10:26 PM on Jun. 28, 2009