Do You All Forget?

All of you who keep complaining about how people use their food stamps, and how it's wasting YOUR tax money.... have you forgotten that those people are paying taxes too? It's not just your money! Some of these people wouldn't even need food stamps if they had the money they're paying out in taxes.

dedicatedrider

Asked by dedicatedrider at 10:00 PM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• If your talking payroll taxes, if they qualify for food stamps they likely get everything back.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:02 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• have YOU forgotten that most on food stamps dont work therefore dont pay taxes
    pretty piss poor example there honey
    Anonymous

• There are all kinds of atrocities our tax dollars are being wasted on and some we don't even know about...

providing food stamps and medical care to some people who need it and even some who really don't is the least of my worries!! If someone wants to buy a birthday cake with their food stamps, who cares? If they qualified for them, let them use them how they like. Why should their children not get a birthday cake or treats every now and then just because their parents are having a rough time?

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 10:10 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I work and get food stamps, so don't assume anything about people that are on food stamps. I have busted my ass for 20 years to work and support myself and my son and because I was let go of my job last February and only found part time work, I need a little help after all the taxes I paid in 20 years of working. Stop judging others and try helping them out. Some of us have a real hard time not being able to find fulltime work and support ourselves and families without help. Get over yourselves and hope that you don't have your situation changed and you end up on foodstamps.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:23 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• "have YOU forgotten that most on food stamps dont work therefore dont pay taxes pretty piss poor example there honey"

I'd like for you miss anon to provide concrete evidence that most people on food stamps don't work. I know several people that work in housekeeping at the hospital I work for that are on food stamps yet they work full time. I'm curious to see what the stats actually are for people receiving food stamps.

Anonymous

• I think any & all welfare/public asst (given thru the gov't) should be stopped. Everyone would benefit, by for example, giving incentives to charities and other private donors (such as $1 tax credit for $1 donated) to help those in need. People back in the day sued to rely on their churches, families, and other such organizations. Now, they simply walk in and usurp all that money, therefore contributing to the GIGANTIC deficit that America has. BUt, we've become too dependent to want to change.
    Anonymous

• have YOU forgotten that most on food stamps dont work therefore dont pay taxes pretty piss poor example there honey

thats actually false.

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:44 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

That would've been an intelligent response if you were right. Unfortunately for you, it's not.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 10:52 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I have a journal post that talks about how I feel about foodstamps-
    I appreciate how you feel, but this is going to get way dramatic really quick.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:53 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• BEXi actually most NOT ALL, most on foodstamps are also on welfare, so no they do not pay income taxes not property taxes.
    Anonymous