5 wk old

my little man is 5 weeks and a few days, he was up today from about 4 til just now at 10, he slept maybe a few 5-10 mins cat naps in that time frame but nothing long. and i don't remember my daughter staying awake for that long at this age. so those w/infants or that remember this age when did they start staying awake for long stretches and did they in turn sleep through the night. my dd slept through at like 8 weeks (only waking once for a bottle them immediately back to sleep) so this feels early if thats what he does tonight.

vabchmommy

Asked by vabchmommy at 10:01 PM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My 2nd did this. He was so alert! He sadly did not sleep through the night but at around 3mths he started to. Be happy your LO is very observant & taking it all in! Congrats.
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 10:10 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• My daughter has never been much of a napper. I think she started the longer stretches of staying awake about 2 weeks. She started sleeping a good 6 hours stretch at 4 weeks.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:25 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• My daughter is 5 weeks old and she only gets up once in the night to eat also, she's been that way almost since she was born. During the day she will sometimes stay awake for a long period with just a few quick naps-less than 20mins. She is consistent with her night schedule but her day schedule is still pretty random. Some days she sleeps a ton and some days she's awake most of the day. She's my first so I have nothing to compare it to!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 12:26 AM on Jun. 29, 2009