Likelyhood of Sole Custody

Hello. I am due in October with a little girl. The father of my child walked out on me for another and her child. He wants to be a part of the babies life which I am fully ok with as I do believe that my little girl should know her father. My only issue is that I do not believe it is healthy for a baby and/or child to be passed around. If anybody has been through this or know someone who has that can help I would really appreciate it. My main question is what is the likelyhood I would get sole custody. I am 100% fine with him having visitation. I am not looking to cut him out. Just think that it should be that the baby is physically with me all the time other then the visits so that her life is as stable as is possible. Is this asking too much?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:11 PM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The judge might allow it for awhile, until she gets older, or you and your ex could do a private contract if he'd been okay with that until she's older.
    Anonymous

• chances are if he requests joint custody he will be given so ...and it wont be taken away unless he abuses, neglects the child , or he doesnt follow the court appt pick up times. the way the family court system looks at it is this : a child is better off having equal rights and times with BOTH parents so long as both sides uphold the responsible required to raise the child. if you didnt want yo have to bounce a child around you should have thought about that before getting pregnant by a guy you werent in a stable relationship with
    goody03

Answer by goody03 at 2:21 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I was in a stable relationship. And engaged to the man. He just got scared and ran away to the next closest girl. So before you answer any questions please do not be so quick to judge
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Jun. 29, 2009