My 13 Month old and her appetite

My 13 month old weighs 19 pnds and she should weigh like 25 !! I feed her all the time and she drinks whole milk but lately she is just throwing her food all over the floor and I don't know what to do to get her weight where it should be ?? ANy suggestions ?

paulsgirl30

Asked by paulsgirl30 at 10:21 PM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Some kids are just small. If she is well feed and you are giving her plenty of fluids than she will be fine. Kids go through growth spers and sometimes they eat alot and some days not much at all. Shes not that far off her weight she should be fine. My DD is 2 an a half and is 25lbs and she is fine.

Anonymous

• My LO is 11 months and his last wait check was only 15 lbs and 3 oz. The doctor has had me mixing his formula, so he would get more calories. He does the same thing with food. Breakfast he eats fine, but lunch and dinner he ends up mashing most of it on his tray or throwing it on the floor, and he don't like being fed either. I end up giving him a lot of stuff he can pick up himself, while trying to get spoonfuls inbetween. A lot of times he takes 4 or 5 bites of something and then turns his head away if I try to give him anymore.
    officerjoeys

Answer by officerjoeys at 10:54 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• just relax!!! they wont starve themselves! my now 3 year old only weighed 15lbs at his 1 year check up!and now hes cought up< hes 30lbs now at 3>

just keep offering them healthy foods, try new things. my 11 month old eats foods id never touch! he loves beets, and grapes, and mangos! and sweet potatoes! and if we are in a rush or having something he cant have for dinner, canned veggies are always good,,,

also try giving them jsut a few pieced at a time, helped with my boys, the less they ahve to mach and play with the more they are likley to eat... over stimulization when therees a huge plate of food...
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 11:19 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• My ds is 1.5 years old and is only 18.9 lbs! And I am so worried about it because he should be at least 21 lbs I would think. Anyway he eats a pretty good amount of food and a nice variety in my opinion. However I do feed him because if he fed himself nothing would go in to his mouth! Someone had recomended to me to give him chocolate milk to bulk him up but that scares me a bit. Also I hear use olive oil and butter when you cook food and that is supposed to help.
    Scoobersmom

Answer by Scoobersmom at 11:43 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• some kids go through this as long as she is growing like she is supposed to she is fine my daughter doesnt like anything but cheese and a few other stuff she is 2 1/2 ( 30 months) and she weighs 24 lbs but then i have a 11 month ld that loves food and she weighs 21 lbs every kids is different
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 6:56 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• My dd is 19 months and only weighs 18 some pounds...Her ped put her on pediasure which helps put on weight..Might wanna mention that to your ped n see what they say
    Mommy2Monkey2

Answer by Mommy2Monkey2 at 3:19 PM on Jul. 2, 2009