I am talking to this guy that is 3 hrs away from where I live, dont know what to do, HELP!

Ok, so I met this guy through internet, met up with him when he was living in College Station, he is a real sweetheart and very attactive and the ideal type of guy. He moved to Bulverde (near San Antonio) now the drive is more. He still wants to talk to me and get to know each other. We have been talking for a little over 2 months and seen each other twice, should I already try to jump in a relationship with him or wait until he makes the move? He sais he likes me and wants to keep talking and I really like him but he is far from me and there are times when I hardly talk to him because he is so busy. What do you think?! ADVICE!

dha8718

Asked by dha8718 at 10:25 PM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• I'd take it slow. You're on cafeMOM which makes me assume there's child(ren) in the picture. Take it slow, go out and have fun until you're sure that this is what you want and he is good enough to bring into your child(ren)'s life. Kids get attached super fast, you want to make sure he's up for everything that comes with dating a mom. Remember, he will not just be having a relationship with you, but the kids as well if you're considering a long-term relationship. If it's short-term, I'd just drive and hang out with him when you have the time, and have fun.
    Anonymous

• I think you two should visit each other a bit....kinda take the relationship slow at first.
    Anonymous

• Theres another problem, He is so busy and I am the one that made the drive out to see him twice! He hasnt bothered to come down and see me, he said that he needs extra money because of gas.
    dha8718

Answer by dha8718 at 10:29 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Is he worth driving to visit? If he is, tell him you dont mind, but he needs to make the effort as well. One day every two or three weeks at least. If he's not willing.....then maybe he's not worth it.
    Anonymous

• I become involved with a man who lived in England while I was living in Canada.  I followed my heart and moved to England.  We will be celebrating our 21st anniversary in a couple of weeks.

I say follow your heart and trust your instincts.  It may or may not work out (there are no guarantees in life) but you will never know unless you try. 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:56 PM on Jun. 28, 2009