What is something fun that you did with your mom and/or dad when you were growing up?

I'd love to get ideas :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 PM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• I bowled with my dad. We did the Saturday teams thing. It was fun.
    Anonymous

• went to the beach and travled Europe
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 10:37 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• My mother was a cheapskate. But my aunt always flew me to Michigan during the summer & winter. And I'd spend spring break with her in Georgia. If it weren't for my aunt, I probably would've never gone anywhere. She even took me on a trip to California for my 16th birthday. It was in January & it was 70 degrees the entire time. It was so weird seeing Christmas trees up & it feeling like summer. It was awesome.
    Anonymous

• We used to go to a park to fly kites and ride bikes on windy days. It was so much fun. We'd ride our bikes to the top of a hill where we would fly kites and have a picnic.
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 11:48 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Funny, my husband and I were just talking about this tonight.

The things I remember most were BEGGING my parents to play board games with me. My mom would do it, but I knew she wasn't happy about it. My dad would always start and then quit before the game was over.

The other thing I'd love is when they'd watch a tv show or movie I wanted to see and snuggle with me on the sofa. They'd sit on the sofa with their legs up and I'd sit in the pocket made by their legs.

I loved having their attention more than anything else. :)
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 12:39 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• U might not want my idea...but we would all go to the mall and sit in the food court and make fun of people for example: what they were wearing, the clothes they were wearing..things like that. we wouldn't do it to everyone just the ones that stood out the most.
    kimosgirl08

Answer by kimosgirl08 at 1:03 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• We used to travel all over the states in my parents motorhome.I thank god for them showing me differnet cites and states.We even went to Canada that was the best.I loved my dad so much.He passed away 9 yrs ago.
    monica-alvarez

Answer by monica-alvarez at 1:57 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• My mom was the cosmopolitan. We went out to lunch together and had "dates" where we'd spend a day driving to one of the big mega-malls to do some shopping, and then eat out together at a restaurant the rest of our family probably wouldn't like. We did a lot of small things together, like go to See's Candy store, went on walks together, etc.

My dad was the Eagle Scout. We did rugged outdoorsy things together that I LOVED (and still love). With my dad I went backpacking, canoe camping (80 miles), snowshoeing, snow caving, and mountain climbing. It was a great bonding experience and I learned a ton of outdoor survival skills, as well as a huge appreciation for nature. My dad worked a lot so when he had time for me he really made it count. Once every month or so he and I would have a dinner date together and get sushi.
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 2:51 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• (cont)

We also had shows that my parents and I would always watch together: Jeopardy, Law and Order, and Seinfeld. They were very much "our" shows.

Took a few roadtrips, including a really fun one along the Oregon Trail. Very educational.
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 2:52 AM on Jun. 29, 2009