wrap around services question

Does it have to be daily sessions? Do they only work with autistic children or do they work with developementally delayed kids without autism?

hoffmanjam

Asked by hoffmanjam at 10:32 PM on Jun. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• I think it depends where you live and what you mean as wrap around services. I know of several wrap programs that were used. I worked as a therapist and wrap services were used when a child needed extra support and services. It was therapy with a therapist, it was used as social support, encouragement, role modeling, and to be used in real time as the child was experiencing situations. Many of the wrap providers were assigned to work with a kid once a week, twice a week, or more for so many hours depending on the needs of the specific child and the goals of therapy. We had kids who were not autistic but there were also children living with different needs and kids who were delayed in some way. Each family and situation was different.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 11:01 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• We live in PA. He gets developemental and speech each once a week. Butthe wrap around is with a TSS for behavioral health. He is a normal 2 year old and isn't bad behaviorally at all. I want to cut his hours down but didn't know if he had to have daily services.
    hoffmanjam

Answer by hoffmanjam at 11:09 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Pls see my responses to your post in Kids Health.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 11:30 PM on Jun. 28, 2009