Does anyone have any experience with water birthing?

Ive been researching to see what would be the best delivery for me, and ive heard that its more relaxing for the mother and baby. I was just wanting to get personal opinions to see if theyre experience was as amazing as it sounds. I know it definately wont be pain free, but it seems to be a lot more comfortable than it would be in a hospital bed.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:36 PM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• YES PLEASE DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• Havent done it personally, but I am a doula and have attended water births. The experience is amazing to watch, and mom's always seem so much more in control and relaxed, babies are always born less stressed, it is awesome to watch a baby be born underwater and brought up to mom's chest calm as can be, no crying, but breathing well and just so serene. If you are in the tub to early though it can slow labor, but you can change positions so much easier in the tub, and with the bouyancy of the water it helps take some f the weight off of you and eases the pressure of transition contractions. I had my first before I became a doula and I definitely after seeing so many types iof births want to do a water birth with my next one. You can lok up waterbirth on youtube and see alot of cool videos too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Jun. 29, 2009