Do you think a person who leaves a child in a car should face criminal charges?

Im mainly talking about leaving a child in a hot car and 'forgetting' they are there. Please tell me why.

mymiracleboy

Asked by mymiracleboy at 10:48 PM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes, because babies die in hot cars. Would you like to stay in a car that is turned off, with the windows up? No, it gets way too hot very quickly. Why would you than leave a child who overheats more quickly than an adult in a car? Here in TX it is illegal to leave any child under the age of 12 in a vehicle alone.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 10:52 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• absolutely
    MiraclesDHappen

Answer by MiraclesDHappen at 10:52 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I think a person should face criminal charges! Without a doubt! Kids are too fragile and get hot faster than adults. I certianly wouldnt want to be in a car with no cooling. I think even if the child does not die, they should be charged with neglect!
    mymiracleboy

Answer by mymiracleboy at 11:16 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I cannot imagine the suffering a child goes through when strapped into a carseat and left in intense heat. Children come with responsibility, and anyone who fails to exercise that responsibility should be punished. While I do not believe an accident should merit the worst punishment, I do believe that criminal charges are appropriate for someone so reckless.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 11:33 PM on Jun. 28, 2009