Gymnastics or Dance?

Me and my husband have decided to enroll our daughter in an extracurricular activity as a birthday gift for her 2nd bday which is in November. We can't decide which one to do...it's between a dance class and gymnastics. They both offer classes for her age group and are both around the same price. Our daughter loves to "dance" and she also loves to do front rolls and stuff. I would love to hear opinions and personal experiences.

ang0343

Asked by ang0343 at 11:29 PM on Jun. 21, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• She would probably do better with instruction in gymnastics considering her age, but in a couple of years I'd put her in dance for sure.....
    love_my_boys

Answer by love_my_boys at 11:36 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Yeah, I agree. Considering Brenna's age right not gymnastics seems like it'd be a lot better instruction-wise than dance. But don't let that keep you from having Brenna join dancing in the future. A lot of instruction from gymnastics helps all sorts of other recreational areas. For instance cheerleading, pom pom squad, etc.
    pumpooga

Answer by pumpooga at 11:40 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Does she have arches in her feet? i would do gymnatics
    Anonymous

• I would pick dance. The tumbling etc. can be hard on little girls. I heard that girls are more prone to shin splints and shin/legs strains at young ages compared to boys. You might look into that before you decide. I'm sure she'd enjoy either activity. :o)
    Anonymous

• Ask her.
    kanakake

Answer by kanakake at 12:07 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I just enrolled my 2 year old into a Toddler Movement class. This will encompass both dance, and tumbling. You can call 302-453-0714 for more information. Classes begin Sept 10th.
    goosenmoosemom

Answer by goosenmoosemom at 12:27 PM on Aug. 17, 2008

• At 2 my daughter started dance. She just turned 3 this month. She will be continuing dance and we added a tumbling class too.

thehippiemama

Answer by thehippiemama at 12:31 PM on Sep. 17, 2008