Fussy baby

My dd is 4 1/2 weeks old and is fussy for a few hours at night. My pediatrician told us that most infants have a fussy period at night and its normal. Giving her a bath and massage and a tight swaddle helps a little but she is still fussy. Is there anything else I can do and how long do you think this will last? Please help

lillysmama2008

Asked by lillysmama2008 at 11:07 PM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My dd is 3 months and has a fussy time at night doesn't last to long just keep doing what your doing.

abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 11:28 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• well i was blessed to have a laid back baby from the minute she was born. But she had a period of three days where she was extremely fussy, the only thing that helped was her binkie and patting her back and but hard. Not too hard but hard. It can be different things and it can also be nothing. Check with her formula and how much she is eating. Is she spitting up alot? like projectile? - Is she pooping regular and everything. - It is true for babies to have a fussy period at night because its a whole new world to them and they can tell the difference between night and day. - Just try your best to soothe her. - Just remember hun, everything is always temporary!!! you will be fine and dont get stressed, just remember that when your in a fussy mode or sick or anything, it always feels good to be comforted.
    Anonymous

• get some relaxing music or find what kind of music the baby like i have a 2mth old baby n she was fussy @ 1st n still is a lil but lil by liol its getting better i just bathe her, feed her, and put some music n put her in the swing and she falls asleep right away....also tryin using lavender soap n lotion...also of this doesnt work(check diaper,check the clothing for some kind of irriation,burp....) hope this helps and good luck
    salviniata23

Answer by salviniata23 at 12:22 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Sometimes there are just so many noises that are distracting to a baby, they are overstimulated. Like other posters said maybe try calming music or a white noise machine (and make sure the room is dark). My DD was sick last week and the humming from the humidifier sent her off to sleep pretty quickly. I would stick to what you are doing though, keep a routine (as much as you can with a newborn, lol) and it will get better. GL!
    Kiiimmm

Answer by Kiiimmm at 1:49 AM on Jun. 29, 2009