Did you lose it and how?

Did you lose your baby weight .. if so, what was the best way you accomplished your goal weight after the baby?

NOLAmommaKRYS

Asked by NOLAmommaKRYS at 11:10 PM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I lost all mine after 5 months. It was hard work though. I breast fed, ate healthy, drank ONLY water, and worked out a lot.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 11:11 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• After 3 years I finally did lol. Doing Turbo Jam and kinda on a strict "clean" diet. No processed foods, no simple carbs, no sweets.
    It was torture. Now that I've reached my goal weight, I have let up A LITTLE bit.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 12:15 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• im still trying :) but ... eat breakfast! and try to eat dinner by 6 pm and dont have anything after that... something about smaller portions, eating clean and incorporating little snacks in between your 3 square meals to keep you full should do it ! and drink a ton of water... to supress my appetite i always drink an emergen c and have an apple before breakfast and lunch .. seems to work :) and swim laps !
    babybaileysmom

Answer by babybaileysmom at 1:51 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I gained 40 pounds with my first pregnancy and afterwards, I lost 53 pounds before getting pregnant with my 2nd son. I lost it with the South Beach Diet and exercising every day. I gained 40 pounds again with my 2nd pregnancy and have so far lost 30 pounds, also using the South Beach Diet and I'm starting to run now also, so hopefully the last 10 pounds will come off soon. I'd also like to lose another 10 pounds past the 40, so 50 all together and I'll be at my weight I'd like to be!
    audreybreier

Answer by audreybreier at 3:17 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• What worked best for me was ExericseTV. Between having a one year old and a job I did not have time to go to the gym and meet with a personal trainer. ExerciseTV was free too! I dropped 53 pounds in 2 months (crazy I know) because I did a lot of their prenatal exercises before I gave birth and I bought the Tracy Anderson Method DVD after I had my baby, she did wonders on Gwenneth Paltrow so I figured she could do something for me! I'm in better shape now than I was before I was pregnant! I'm also working out to ExerciseTV's other celebrity trainers, they are so awesome! Check them out at www.exercisetv.tv
    exercise_junkie

Answer by exercise_junkie at 5:06 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I gained 24 pounds, and it was gone in less than 2 months. Exercise, breastfeeding and real foods did the trick.
    In order to get to and maintain a healthy weight, you need to have a healthy lifestyle; this has the added bonus of setting a great example for your kids.
    Start with regular exercise, as simple as walking, for at least 20 min a day at least 3 times a week. Next, drink your water! at least 8 8oz glasses a day. Now, eat your fruits & veggies! 7-8 servings a day, in at least three different colors. Eat your whole grains (loaded with fiber, protein, and lots of energy-giving nutrients), 6-7 servings a day. Cut way back on (or eliminate) meat & dairy. Add beans, lentils & tofu to your diet. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.pcrm.org/health/prevmed/building_bones.html
    Eat an apple or a big salad before meals

Answer by rkoloms at 9:58 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• See, I lost weight WHILE I was pregnant and was actually 20lbs lighter than my pre pregnancy weight 3 days after giving birth. Then I gained it all back plus more AFTER I had the baby. I still have yet to lose that. For some reason being pregnant made me very motivated and energetic and I walked at least a mile a day, and actually lost my appetite. But I was back to my lazy, food loving self within a week after I had my son...sucks.
    Anonymous

• Anon 11:15 - I lost weight throughout my pregnancy up until I was about 8 months, then I started gaining weight. I only gained about 45lbs throughout the entire pregnancy and it was all baby. The only thing I have a problem with now is the belly pooch in front .. That's what I want to get rid of. I've always had a small one, but it's gotten bigger (of course) since the baby.

Thanks for all the suggestions!! It was all great advice! : )
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 12:40 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Well I gained a whopping 70 pounds during pregnancy and have lost about 50 of that so far. My husband convinced me to sign up for a 5k in mid-july so I started training for it back in march, and that's really helped me to lose the weight. I also do a lot of the programs on Exercise TV and walk as much as possible.

I'm also taking a dietary supplement to keep my appetite at bay and eat 5 times through the day. I make it a point to eat breakfast in the morning, within an hour of waking up, and whole pieces of fruit between meals as my snacks. I'm still working on losing those last 10-15 lbs though.
    caroleann0215

Answer by caroleann0215 at 10:19 AM on Jun. 30, 2009