why would you believe this?

There was a question today in Just for fun about why would someone be an atheist. The argument a person used as to why you could PROVE in Christianity was this link. (which I will post below). I find it a little biased and inaccurate. But that's my personal opinion. I'm curious as to why it PROVES Christianity though... I mean personally, if anything, imo it would prove Scientology before it proved Christianity.. but again JMO. Anyways what are your thoughts of this link? Do you agree with it? What do you think it supports best? Anyone with links that contradict it? Or support it?

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 11:16 PM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think just about everything about us and the earth around us requires an inteligent design. When we create something, it breaks down over time, it doesn't improve. The fact that the earth has improved from nothingness, to a ball of molten rock, to having oceans, to primordial ooze, to sustainable life, to inteligent life ect. ect. (according to evolution) instead of spiraling to a state of disrepair, to me says that it is at least LEAD by an inteligent creator.

I did find the source you posted to be lacking. I'd rather read about something like this from the actual source instead of from a biased source writing their own article on it. I'd prefer they posted recent links instead of telling us a scrapbook of what they wanted us to hear.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 11:52 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:16 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• People are atheists b/c they want to live their lives to please only themselves. Easy for me to figure out without your video.
    Anonymous

• When someone is trying to make a point they often see only what they want to see. A biased source that has even a hint of what they're looking for may work for them. Of course, it won't work for many others. It just seems so silly to even try and prove that Christianity (or Atheism) is the truth. You can't prove either one.
    Jafra_mommy

Answer by Jafra_mommy at 11:35 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• lol anon if someone didn't believe in a higher power, who else would they be living to please.

teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 11:43 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Do I think that the intricacies of DNA are evidence of God? Absolutely. I see God in everything. God told Job that he has walked the deepest depths of the ocean, set the boundaries of land and stretched out his arm and told the tides "come here but no further." They've just discovered how the earth renews its crust, how it affects the tides and positions of land and lo and behold, this process all takes place in the deepest depths of the ocean. The deepest point in the earth, the Mariannas trench where who plates are colliding and one is sliding beneath the other. The oldest part of the earths crust is found here (sorry, I'm not very good at explaining plate tectonics). The newest earth's crust is appearing at the mid-ocean ridge where two places are diverging (moving away from each other), where we find the string of volcanic islands.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 11:44 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• "People are atheists b/c they want to live their lives to please only themselves. Easy for me to figure out without your video. "

wow your really ignorant and rude. One it's not a video.. two it's a Christian website about how DNA can prove the existence of God..

Nice way to make yourself look like the biggest fool.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:52 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• "I did find the source you posted to be lacking. I'd rather read about something like this from the actual source instead of from a biased source writing their own article on it. I'd prefer they posted recent links instead of telling us a scrapbook of what they wanted us to hear. "

see that's how I feel.. I even told the OP.. that if they wanted to support their cause of trying to find evidence of the existence of God even I (a non-believer) can find better evidence than that.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:54 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I mean much of the way they described it, even I could pick apart. I wish I could see the whole article.. do you know where you seen it? It may explain a bit more of why they kept some parts and not others. Personally I think it's a very poor way to try to prove anything.. to me the way it was worded make us sound more alien, than like we were God's special followers.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:57 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• O.K. at best this link indicates intelligent design. There are many world religions that believe God or a god created. If Christianity could be proven then there would be no need for faith. For that matter if any religion could be proven there would be no need for faith.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:01 AM on Jun. 29, 2009