Question about Mother Nature (may be tmi)

I finally started my period last Wednesday after not having one for 7 weeks. It was normal throughout Thursday and then on Friday and Saturday I had absolutely nothing. Then this morning when I got up and went to the bathroom is was really heavy. Then once again...nothing throughout the day. I know that I have ovarian cysts but can that cause this problem? If not, does anyone have any ideas what it might be?

agrafel

Asked by agrafel at 11:23 PM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Is this your first period since giving birth? I know my first period after having my daughter was really heavy. I honestly did not know there was that much blood in me. I have heard from others that ovarian cysts can cause a lot of bleeding too. I would say if it stays really heavy and you start passing huge clots call the doctor.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 12:52 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• if you have ovarian cysts and your periods have gone irregular lately, you might want to call the doc and just make sure it's nothing to worry about. Especially if you are cramping really bad and clotting a lot.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:58 PM on Jun. 29, 2009