Have you seen Transformers 2??

DH and I watched the new Transformers movie last night. If you have yet to see it, and were planning on taking your little ones along, I would advise you not to. The first movie was very family-friendly, but IMO, this one is more suited for older teenagers and young adults......as I recall, in the first movie, there was very little cursing or sexual content.....not true for the sequal....they used every curse word aside from the "GD" word and the F word....and there was plenty of sexual images and references......I am not bashing the movie, but I thought I would warn some of you if you were planning on taking the young ones to go see it this holiday weekend. Anyone else feel this way???

IzzysMommy87

Asked by IzzysMommy87 at 11:42 PM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Entertainment

• I had my 6 YO Niece when we watched it. I had her ears or eyes covered a lot of the time. It was an okay movie, It would be tons better if they had picked a better McKayla... She is very pretty and she knows it so her attitude towards her fans and everyone in general is bad. I cant stand people who think theyre better than everyone cause they have "looks"
    Anonymous

• Thanks a ton...We have 5 and 7 yo boys who are dying to see it and dh and I have gone back and forth about if we should take them or if we needed to watch it alone first.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 12:20 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• My dd and I saw it the day it opened. I have to agree with OP on the language and sexuality. The place was full...I was just a shocked as some of the parents with lo's. Luckily, I have a teen...I still could have done without some of the language. We LOVED it...my dd likes Megan Fox. Or, should I say the character...my dd's name is Mikaela.
    Loryl

Answer by Loryl at 10:55 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I took my boys (9 and 11) to see it the other day. They saw the first one when it came out. (normally wouldn't take a 7 yr old to a pg-13 movie but it was a birthday party he was invited to and they waited to the last minute the rate the movie) I think the first one had enough swearing and sexual content. This one may have had a little more. That's why it was rated PG-13. It's not meant for little kids to watch. I know there are toys based on it but watch the cartoon an Cartoon network.
    Shell89

Answer by Shell89 at 12:00 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I didn't realize it was rated PG-13, I haven't had to pay attention to stuff like that in a long time lol. I guess it has been a while since I saw the first one b/c I didn't remember any cursing or sexual content in the first. I will take that as lesson-learned and pre-screen movies before I take my DD (after she is born of course lol).
    IzzysMommy87

Answer by IzzysMommy87 at 8:15 PM on Jul. 2, 2009