tick bites, in dogs

is it normal for a tick bite on a dog to get swollen? i was trying to find the answer online and then it came up with diseases they can spread and of course i was stupid and read them, and now im super paranoid about those diseases. so i had to stop reading them otherwise id be at the er getting my whole family tested for crazy sounding things. so is it normal or should i take her to the vet and get my family checked out too??????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 PM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Pets

• http://www.bigpawsonly.com/dog-ticks-health.htm

everything i'm reading says take the dog to the vet. my dog had a tick on him once, however we got the whole thing off of him and it never swelled up or anything like that. so i would take the dog to the vet have it checked and ask the vet what you should do, if anything, regarding the people who have been around the dog.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:21 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• It could be that the head of the tick is still in the dog. I'd go see the vet just to be safe
    mary717

Answer by mary717 at 12:03 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• well can a tick live without its head, when i pulled it out it was still walking around inside the ziploc baggy i trapped it in
    Anonymous