• In the Spotlight:

Hey! I just figured out how to get my son to clean his room without having to lecture and hover over him....

All I had to say right now when he asked what I was doing was "I'm asking the cafemoms on how to deal with a kid who won't clean his room and I am sure they are going to have some great ideas like taking away your army toys" He begged me not to and said that by tomorrow at 2pm his room will be spotless.....yeah, we'll see. Do you ever try to "guilt or embarrass" your kids into doing something they HAVE to do?

Gigi1969

Asked by Gigi1969 at 12:35 AM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• my mom used to embarrass my brother by waiting til his friends were around @ school when she was picking him up by going "HEY MICHAEL, I'M A POWER RANGER WATCH!!!!" then she'd jump up and click her heels mid-air . It worked every time lol
    sophiebethmom

Answer by sophiebethmom at 12:55 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• i try
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 12:37 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• i try but its not working yet b/c shes like ok mom thats ok. and shes only freaking 3!!! she responds like a teenager, i think when shes a teen i might just have to shot myself to take away the misery
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:38 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I'll have to try that and see what happens.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 12:38 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• All I know is he looked super worried about what the moms on here would think of him lol. Probably because I have received answers about him in the past about oh, how sweet he is or he is so funny and I make it a point to show him these answers so that he see's that thereis a little cyber village helping me raise him lol.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:48 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• hahaha thats soooo cute!!! and hey, if it works, great!!!!!!! lol
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:55 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Bwahahahaha!!!!
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 1:01 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• lol threaten to have the "toy-taker" visit! It is in a Rudolph movie my kids watch,lol
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 1:01 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• 2mothers, that is mean and rotten, aren't your kids really little?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• lol, I have never heard of the Toy Taker!
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:14 AM on Jun. 29, 2009