What are your beliefs on an after life?

What religion are you? and what are your beliefs on an afterlife? How does it fit scientifically? I'm not asking to cause problems... just curious to see if any align with what comes close to some theories I'm trying to better understand. Personally I'm unsure of my beliefs on this, hence the questions.

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 12:39 AM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am pretty sure you know mine, but I'll share for the rest of the class. I am an Eclectic Pagan and I believe in selective reincarnation. When we die, we go back home and choose when/if we want to come back. However, I do believe some spirits choose to stay here. I also believe that certain minerals and rocks can hold "memories" of highly emotional events. I also believe that ghosts can use energy (whether it be from us or electrical equipment) to manifest.
    However, I also believe that certain "hauntings" can be explained by scientific explanations (electro magnetic fields, uneven ground or steps). And I do not believe that orbs are an automatic sign of a haunting.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 1:00 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I am Eclectic Pagan.

I believe in riencarnation. We are reborn again and again until we learn all of lifes lessons. When we have all the knowledge we need we return back to the Universe/energy/God and Goddess from which we came.
    I am uncertian in my belifs about about The Summerlands.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:46 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Hi hazeldove I am Southern Baptist Church goer -yes we will all live forever in either heaven or hell depending on if we ask Jesus to be our Saviour with his sacrificial death on the cross to wash away alllllllll our sins! message me?
    Romans 3:23
    Romans 5:8
    Romans 10:13
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 12:49 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• ps. the holy spirit will fill you with His love! No other belief offers this love! God's love!!! God Bless You! read the King James Bible book of John !
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 12:54 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I am God's daugher
    If we accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and Saviour then when our bodies die our souls will live forever with Him.
    Ilovemy5joys

Answer by Ilovemy5joys at 12:55 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• once saved always saved! Amen!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 12:55 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• watch the Jesus film project movie on the internet please?
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 12:57 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I am a christian-Seventh Day Adventist

I believe and have seen in the scriptures that when we die we do not go to heaven or hell immediatly. We don't go to heaven/hell immediatly. We are dead or "asleep" as the bible and Jesus put it so many times. But we the dead in Christ will be ressurected at the first ressurection and the alive in Christ are to follow. Then the dead who were not saved will be raised at the second ressurection unto damnation and that's when hell will be. Hell is not an everlasting firey furnace by the way. People often overlook the phrases where god tells us the unsaved will turn to ashes, ummm can't be ashes if you're still burning. Plus burning forever is just agianst God's character. JMO But hell is forever in the sense that you will NEVER exist agian and no one in heaven or the planets or even our God will ever think on you agian. So that is hell. I do not believe spirits live in our realm.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 1:11 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I believe the loved ones we see and teh ghostly happenings are demons. Not Satan cause he's too cool for school but demons. Satan wants us to fail he wants us to not believe in God. He is so happy when we believe in a falsity. Sorry started preaching ok I get off teh stage LOL.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 1:12 AM on Jun. 29, 2009