How many pregnancy tests did you take before it came up positive?

I am now 12 days late on my period, which has always been like clockwork. My gut feeling is that I am pregnant, but tests on days 3, 4, and 10 all said negative. I've already got an appointment with the doctor for a pelvic exam in two weeks, but I was wondering if any of you have been in a situation similar to this. I've had some first trimester symptoms, but I don't know if it is all in my mind. I was happy when I was late because I'd like another baby, maybe my wishful thinking is what brought on the symptoms?

With my son, I took one pregnancy test the day after I was due and it was instantly positive. After 3 negative tests, I'm worried that something bad is going on, but I'm still hoping that I'm ovulating strangely this time or something and there might be a baby in there...

Thoughts? And please don't call me crazy. Be supportive or don't answer.

risonski

Asked by risonski at 12:46 AM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was 14 days late and i had taken 11 test and all were negitive so i went to my OB and they did a blood test and it was negitive when i was 42 day late i took another urine test and it was then positive and i went to the dr and they then got a + as there is hope.
    abbibaileylily

Answer by abbibaileylily at 12:49 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I was 7 days late and as soon as I peed on that sitck it was pos. Of course, every pregnancy is different! Maybe it was a later conception and the hormone levels aren't there yet?
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 12:53 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• The first time I took a test when I was about 5 days late and it was positive before I could even lay the stick on the counter. That pregnancy ended in a miscarriage though. I got pregnant again 2 months later and I took a test 4 days early because I just knew I was pregnant. It was negative. I took another one the day I was supposed to start my period and it was positive. I wish you the best of luck with everything and it turns out you are pregnant =)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• the first time, i was a week late
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:04 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I probably took every bit of 20-30 tests. It took me over a month to get a positive test. Good luck hun!
    MrsDuff

Answer by MrsDuff at 1:19 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Yeah, i'm a week late. and it sucks to get a negative after negative! a while back I knew I was pregnant. I was about a week late as well and took a test and it came out negative. so I waited two days and took a test again and it was negative. I even went to the doc and got a test and it came out negative. I was so mad. I just knew I was. Where I truly believed it because my sences hightend. I could smell everything and it was strong! I could smell everyones perfume, everyones breath, their deoderant and all the food that was there. I was so grossed out! I had to leave. Then a few days later I had a miscarriage.

So now i'm a week late and if I don't get my period tomorrow I'm going to take a test.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:20 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• i took one the day i was late and it was neg then one the following week neg then when i shoud have been like 6weeks by my last day of my period i took one and came back i was but i was 3 weeks 3 days along when it came back i was preg so things can happen but with me i ovulat 2 times a month sometimes once at 14-16 day and right before i start
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:44 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• With my first pregnancy I was about 2 weeks late when I took a test and the first one was possitive. With my second pregnancy (the one I'm in now) I took a test the day after my period was due and it was possitive.... the only time I personally have had a negative is when I was not pregnant. However I have heard a LOT of stories of women not finding out for MONTHS becuase their tests keeping coming up negative. I would say there is hope that you are so treat your body as if you are. But try to prepare yourself for the possibility that you aren't. Good luck!!
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 8:45 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• This is what im trying to figure out too!!! Im having all the symptoms: Lower back ache,breasts hurt(bad), cramping, and i took a test a couple days ago and it came up neg. My last period was June 13-18 and ever sense then i have been cramping and experiencing all of these symptoms. Some forums say you cant get pregnant before ANY period or ON YOUR PERIOD. I personally believe thats not true. Seeing as different women ovulate at different times. Me and my fiancee had sex before my last period and then my period showed up but ever sense then i've had all these symptoms,also we did have sex during my period too so it could pretty much happen anytime. My period still pretty much is not due for another 2 weeks...so me, being impatient as i am took a test a few days ago and it came up neg. But of course its toooo early yet to tell. I'm just impatient. :)
    tanyaanthony

Answer by tanyaanthony at 9:38 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I was only 3 days late when I took mine and got a positive. I really didn't think I was pregnant and my husband yelled at me to take the test. Normally when positive it comes up rather quickly, mine took for ever. So when I saw the pregnant, I nearly fell off the toliet.
    snjbjac

Answer by snjbjac at 10:38 AM on Jun. 29, 2009