Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

mold in our house!!!

Me and my dh have noticed mold coming through our bedroom walls. It is nowhere else in the house. Me and dh are starting to feel like crap when we wake up in the mornings and i'm beginning to think its because of the mold. We rent the house so is it our landlord's responsibilty to get rid of the mold? Or is there a simple solution that i could do myself? Thanks in advance

Answer Question
 
Mrs.Loeffel

Asked by Mrs.Loeffel at 1:07 AM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Health

Level 7 (183 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • Look up Black Mold or Toxic Mold. This is potentially very dangerous and your landlord IS responsible. If it were me, I would move. Black mold is VERY difficult to get rid of...they usually knock down the walls and rebuild new ones if it is done right.
    KaceesMom

    Answer by KaceesMom at 1:34 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

  • It is the landlord's responsibility unless otherwise noted in the lease. It is his duty to be financially responsible for it and it is a HEALTH risk! You should say something to him(or her I guess lol) and they should do something about it immediately!
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

  • this is not something to wait on. Contact your landlord today. If remediation is not done immediately, contact your local renters' rights office or health department.
    rkoloms

    Answer by rkoloms at 8:19 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN