mold in our house!!!

Me and my dh have noticed mold coming through our bedroom walls. It is nowhere else in the house. Me and dh are starting to feel like crap when we wake up in the mornings and i'm beginning to think its because of the mold. We rent the house so is it our landlord's responsibilty to get rid of the mold? Or is there a simple solution that i could do myself? Thanks in advance

Mrs.Loeffel

Asked by Mrs.Loeffel at 1:07 AM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Health

• Look up Black Mold or Toxic Mold. This is potentially very dangerous and your landlord IS responsible. If it were me, I would move. Black mold is VERY difficult to get rid of...they usually knock down the walls and rebuild new ones if it is done right.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 1:34 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• It is the landlord's responsibility unless otherwise noted in the lease. It is his duty to be financially responsible for it and it is a HEALTH risk! You should say something to him(or her I guess lol) and they should do something about it immediately!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• this is not something to wait on. Contact your landlord today. If remediation is not done immediately, contact your local renters' rights office or health department.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:19 AM on Jun. 29, 2009