Do you believe in the end of the world?

Well lately there has been alot of things about the ending of our world on Dec. 12, 2012 ...do you believe this is really going to happen. I dont know if i do, I just know im scared. Also i remember some time ago, watching Sylvia Brown ( on physic , used to always be on the Montell Williams show) ..anyways I remember her saying that she couldnt see anything past 2012..and she didnt know if that meant it really would be the end of the earth...or if she was just going to die by then ( which you can tell she is a heavy smoker & i think she is in her 60s or 70s )....

Anyways, do you believe it ?

glamomomo

Asked by glamomomo at 1:08 AM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I know Nostradamus said something about 2012. I have also seen documentaries about Mayan (or was it Incan?) peoples predicting the "end" at that time.

I'm concerned that with this many different prophesies concerning this date, it may be...

I also saw Sylvia talking about not seeing past that time.

Do you know if Jeane Dixon had anything to say about it?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• No I do not believe that 12,21,2012 will be the end of the world. There are alot of doomsday prophecies out tehre but fret not. If you believe in the bible you know that somethings have not come to pass. If you don't believe in the bible then you can believe this but I do not. I have seen too much evidence of bible prophecy to doubt it :) So I am not saying that nothing will happen but I do not think it will be anything to what you will see in the movie or w/e. I believe we will be fine, who knows maybe that's the year that God's people start becoming persucuted and put to death.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 1:15 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• We will never know the actual day but, I do believe that Jesus is going to come down and take up His fellow believers to heaven with Him. :)
    Ilovemy5joys

Answer by Ilovemy5joys at 1:16 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I've heard the same thing that the mayan calandar end on dec. 12, 2012 and this means the end of the world or the opocalapse. who can say ? i've also heard that we have already started the opoclapse and the end will be Dec. 12. That on that day Jesus will walk the earth agian. i guess the only thing we can do is hope not and that we do our best.
    devidedpassion

Answer by devidedpassion at 1:16 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I don't believe in a religious end of the world, but I do beleive at some point the human race will probably die out or that some thing will happen to change the earth or destroy it (another ice age, complete loss of the ozone etc)
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 1:20 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• end of earth....yea eventually. i mean science shows that every so many years the weather patterns ervers. polarity reverse's. and ultimately it wil lwipe us out....so its gonna happen religious or not
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 1:26 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• No I don't believe that 2012 is the end of the world. It is simply the end of the mayan calendar, which supposedly just starts over. I believe in what the Bible says that no man shall know the day nor the hour. There are many theories about 2012 which would include a polar shift in the earth (which IF it happened could cause major catastrophies but I doubt the end of the world), a very strong solar storm with large solar flares (still not enough to end the world, just disrupt communications, and possibly affect the power grid). I guess we will just all have to see.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:39 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Do I believe the world will end?  Absolutely....hopefully it is due to the dying out of the son and not by human hands but no I don't believe the 2012 nonsense.

anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 6:43 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I believe in the Biblical version,as the Apostle John wrote it out in Revelations. He was writing directly as God was revealing it to him,and I believe that is the only way it will happen. Sylvia Brown is about as phony as they come. Don't believe a word that comes out of her mouth. As to the 2012 gobbledegook, don't believe it either. The world will end when God is ready for it to,and not one second before!
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 9:43 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I personally don't believe in psychics, and I don't believe in the "end of the world."
    It's all hoopla to get you to join this religion, or buy this book, or watch this movie.
    I see past it, and am looking forward to December 22, 2012. :]
    We will all eventually die, should we sit around and worry about it? No.

Live your life.
    MandyOs

Answer by MandyOs at 9:59 AM on Jun. 29, 2009