Do you get mad at non-Christians that believe in a literal hell?

Even if they don't insult you, but they just believe you need to believe in Jesus to escape it.

Would you be offended if they didn't tell you about it; thinking they didn't care?

What if they left you alone if they knew you didn't want to hear it?

Does it still offend you, even if you know they like you and aren't trying to convert you, just to know they think you will go there if you don't accept Christ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:10 AM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think her question goes like this...would you be offended by a person/Christian who didn't tell you that you were going die when they could have and saved you from that awful death?
    Ilovemy5joys

Answer by Ilovemy5joys at 1:21 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• WHAT?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• That makes very little sense to me.
    FromAtoZ

Answer by FromAtoZ at 1:17 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I don;t understand what you're asking either. Sorry.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 1:20 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• If I was an unbeliever and noone told me of hell I would have to be living under a rock lol. Friend or not if you show that you don't want to listen to religion pretty soon you wont have to. You can have christian friends who do believe you will go to hell but they still love you and have hope that one day you will believe in Jesus and get baptised. I pray this of my husband everyday and night. I have become a christian and he still has no desire to believe. I just pray for God's big ol' boot to give him a kick lol.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 1:21 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• oh please..find me someone that doesnt know about the bibleand heaven hell. its everywhere. we all konw waht ppl say. but its annoying to have someone telling you how to live your life
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 1:25 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I think maybe she meant Christians that believe in a literal hell. Very few of them tell you about hell or that you are going to hell with out being insulting whether they mean to or not. I have yet to meet one that says it with out being a donkey. And in all honesty if you where talking to some one about your god and trying to get them to believe in him the first recruiting line should not be believe or burn in hell. The bible is full of stories that you can tell. Why does that always seem to be the first line many use when they find out you don't believe? If you god is kind and loving lead of with that not the believe the way I say or suffer until the end of time.

Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 1:27 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Thanks Ilovemy5joys. To answer that question, no I would not offended at all. I am someone who researches everything, I have researched that option and it wasn't for me. I don't need anybody to push it on me. I have made my choice with an education about all of my options.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:27 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Honestly, I couldn't care less where someone else thinks is going to happen to my eternal soul once I die. I know what I believe. And that's all that matter's. I don't go around telling everyone what I think will happen when we die. The only time I share is if someone asks.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 1:27 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I think the OP suggesting that although some people are upset that others tell them about hell, they'd probably be more upset later when they go to hell if no one ever warned them about it. Kinda like asking you all to view the warnings of hell as a blessing that someone cares enough to try and save you from it.

I've been told enough times that I'm a bad person or headed to hell. I know it isn't true. People can say all they want and I appreciate the effort lol.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 1:39 AM on Jun. 29, 2009