Would you change for your man if he asked?

A friend said her husband wants her to grow her hair long that he doesn't want her to cut it. She however hes never had long hair before and doesn't really care for long hair or the work it requires to keep it pretty. I have said do what you want, its not like he will leave you if you decide you like your hair short, but if he does than he is just a jerk.

devidedpassion

Asked by devidedpassion at 1:21 AM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• yes...i have a husband that has asked petty things such as this. when i wanted a tattoo and have wanted one for quite a while and told him how i felt he was quick to say that he didnt want a wife with trash on her. sometimes you do things for people just to make them happy or to not hear the outcome if you do what you really want. i hate conforming to other peoples ways but ive done it for so long now that its just how i am now.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:19 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• If my husband asked my seriously to keep growing my hair I would probably do it. My dh likes my hair longer but hasn't asked me to keep it that way. So I grow it until I can't stand it then cut it how I like. But it always grows back.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:23 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• i have long hair down to my behind i once cut it up to my chin with a girlfriend whose hair was pretty long to... my gma had just been diagnosed with cancer so we donated it ...my husband was pissed and now when i go to get a haircut he goes with me like i am a kid(i cut it before without telling him lol) i dont think it is that big of a deal.
    lilmammaweisner

Answer by lilmammaweisner at 1:27 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• My hubby says he loves my long hair...I cut it short once and he didn't like it at all but he kinda got used to it...but I wouldn't change for him.. if I know that I need a haircut I'm gonna get one and he's gonna have to deal with it. And your friends hubby should love her for who she is and not her appearence...if she likes to have her hair short then he should like it to no matter what.
    kimosgirl08

Answer by kimosgirl08 at 1:27 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I would try to come to happy medium. My SO prefers longer hair. However, I had hair down to my butt until I was 16 && the first time I got to get a real haircut, I said I would never have it that long again. So I still get it cut up to about my shoulders when I do get a haircut, however, I just don't get it cut near as often as I used to. So he gets to see me with mid-length hair more often than shorter hair. We're both happy....
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 1:34 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• My dh actually likes it short, and he says i should cut it, but then again....i love him bald and he hates the maintenance. lol. But, i dont consider that a bad "change", more of a preferance. And we'd never leave each other over it.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 2:27 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Sorry having long hair can be a pain. Have your friend tell her husband she will grow it long. IF HE washes every night, blow dries it, and fixes it for her. If he doesn't want to do that then get over it.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 7:16 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• If it was as petty as growing hair then yes I would try it, but I'm the type of person that likes to try new things so to me it wouldn't be a big deal.
    pinkgemini85

Answer by pinkgemini85 at 8:31 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I was going to say if I had already changed and he wanted me to change back I would. But something as simple as letting my hair grow would be done without question. I actually care about what my husband finds attractive about me.

Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 8:51 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• sure i'd change. the locks, my name, my number, my marital status.

it would just depend on this: is your friend's hubby asking her to try it, or telling her to do it? considering what your partner wants is part of being a couple. conforming to what your partner demands is part of being controlled.

mellypoo

Answer by mellypoo at 9:00 AM on Jun. 29, 2009