Need help with out of control 5yo

Ok so my dd is 5 and a half and she has just met a little boy her age. Since becoming friends she has started to disobey like crazy. She follows this kid everywhere. She told me the other day that she went out her window so she could go play with him. (she was in her room for something else.) For the most part she has always been a great kid. But it just seems like she has gone from good to bad over the course of a few weeks. I dont know if the window thing is true. But she did sneek out of the house via the sliding glass door ( that opens VERY quitly) and out the gate of our back yard. All with this kids help. He was lying to my face about where she was. His mom is kind of weard, and he has a strange home situation. But I dont want to take a friend away if I can help it. There are no other kids that live in our neighborhood. And no talking to the other mom is not really an option. Long story

momof2crazy

Asked by momof2crazy at 1:31 AM on Jun. 29, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• have them play at your house so you can watch!!!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 1:34 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• If the boy is causing the problems then ban her from playing with him. I had to do this to my dd cause she was getting out of hand just not this much. As for the sliding door they make these little alarm things that will go off if the connections broken, i suggest getting one and putting it at the bottom of the door maybe you should get one for the window as well.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:43 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Your daughter sneaking out of the house at this age is definitely not a good thing. Sit her down and talk to her, at 5 she is old enough to understand the difference between right and wrong. If she continues to disobey, there will be consequences (no t.v., no playing, etc) Get her straight now because before you know it she will be a teen.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 9:31 AM on Jun. 29, 2009