NEEDS ADViCE DESPERATELY.! (FiRST TIME MOM)

iT WAS GRADUATiON TiIME AND BEFORE i KNEW i WAS PREGNANT i USED ALOT OF DRUGS RECREATiONALLY.. iM TALKiNG EXTASY AND ALCOHOL EVERY WEEKEND AND COCAiNE FOR ONE WEEK. THiS STOPED ABOUT MY 8TH WEEK WHEN i FOUND OUT i WAS PREGNANT. NOW i'VE STOPPED ALL OF THE PARTYiNG BUT i'M VERY NERVOUS, AND WORRiED ABOUT MY BABY I HOPE iTS HEALTHY.. DOES ANYBODY HAVE ANY ADViCE OR EXPERiENCE iN THESE iSSUES.? i'M DEPERATELY SEEKiNG COUNSEL..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:04 AM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• first if you are going to type in all caps please dont undercase only one letter in every word it does make it a little difficult to read
    second as for your post talk to your dr tell them everything you did so that they can keep an eye on things
    i wish you luck and i hope your baby is healthy i hop[e you never do those things again
    good luck dear
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:10 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• pray to the Lord with hand on belly Numbers 6:24-26 every day!
    God Bless!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 3:11 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Do not abort! Congratulation!!! Prayers for you both!! Jeremiah 1:5
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 3:13 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• she did say she was gonna
    no need to be preachy
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:13 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• orange juice and carnation drinks are really good for you both! baby needs folate get prenatal vitamins
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 3:16 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I got drunk one night in my early pregnancy, and had the same worry. THe good news is you stopped really early, and that will make all the difference. For the most part, issues arise in babies whose mothers didn't quit early on and contiunued using during their pregnancy. If you are still concerned your OB can help ease your worries, mine sure did! She said she had NEVER seen a baby with issues as long as the mom quit early on, and she evne worked with alcoholics and drug addicts!!
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 3:19 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I have a friend who went through about the same thing you are. Found out she was pregnant and quit all drugs... then decided she wanted an abortion and did Ex her 6th month. Decided against abortion and had a healthy smart baby girl. This child is now 3 and has no signs of anything! I am NOT saying this happens every time, but I do know of a few instances where baby did turn out all right. I would def talk to your dr to make sure baby is ok. Of course stop the drugs and such.... take care of you child and avoid whatever else your dr tells you to! I hope all goes well for you and your new baby! Congrats!!! Maybe it's a sign to stop the drugs and partying for good?? There is an up for every down.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:20 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• To clarify I didn't know at the time I was PG...I found out 2 weeks later
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 3:20 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• oh i also wanted to tell you that i too drank alot of whiskey til about 8 weeks that is when i found out i was pregnant again after a miscarriage
    my daughter is beautiful healthy 2 months old 13 lbs and a very tall little girl
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:21 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I was smoking pot, drinking, and smoking crystal meth right before finding out I was pregnant. I went to the bathroom and had a miscarrage so I took a hpt and it was +. So I told my DH and went to the Dr. to find out what was going on and turns out I was still pregnant...I miscarried a twin(not too uncommon!). I havent touched a drug since the day I had the miscarrage...almost 5 years ago. I just dropped it. All of my kids turned out great and had no ill effects but I know that bad things do happen to people's kids if they do drugs while pregnant...I just hope that your child is fine.
    The best thing for you to do is to tell your DR. the complete truth. That way she/he will be prepared for whatever happens. I was lucky that my son was healthy...but also that I had a Dr. that was prepared to help if there were complications. All you can do is wait and see. Wish I could help more.
    NinnaRenae

Answer by NinnaRenae at 3:36 AM on Jun. 29, 2009