anyone live a normally quiet neighborhood????

My neighborhood, is normally very quiet. Well tonight i heard what sounded like a motorcycle (i listen for them because my man likes to stop by unexpected and suprise me) Well i check outside, and saw a old piece of crap car, stop at the end of my street. (live on a dead end street with a open field that used to be where gas company was when my mom was lil) Well I saw to guys late teens early twentys get out with glass bottles (looked like liquor) and go to this empty field. well i called the cops who never showed up. (called at 1145pm car left at 200am) exactly. But first the drove up and down my street like 4-5 times making u turns in front and behind every car parked on the street. I am kinda upset the cops didn't take it seriously because there are alot of children and teens around the neighborhood, and the teens are usually out because most of there parents don't give a shit or they sneek out.

vgiron

Asked by vgiron at 4:17 AM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Around here public drinking is against the law except in designated areas with a permit only. Any noise after 11 pm and neighbors will call the cops 9 times out of 10 they will show up. We live in a nice suburb full of nosey yet friendly people. We are not going give it over to the street rats as we call them. If they are in their twenties they should have their own place not drinking in an empty field. Losers. You were right to keep an eye on them. Alcohol in that kind of situation usually leads to crime.

When I was a teen and we partied. We were either at a friend's house, in the mountains or at the beach not in someone's neighborhood. That is just trashy.

CelticFaerie

Answer by CelticFaerie at 7:04 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Ummm ok maybe they were over 21. Maybe the cops thought it was no big deal.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:25 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• lol no i hear police hellicopters right now lol sorry for spelling
    have the cops not shown up yet?
    if not i know complaints liek that are very low on the importance list they will get there when they are done with the "more important " stuff
    call them back and say its looking like a drug deal lol that will get them there lol
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:26 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• It's summer time kids wanna get out and have fun. Don't you remember what it's like to be a teen? Really you need to MYOB. They were not harming you in any way. Stop being a peskey neighbor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:27 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Do you not have anything better to do?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:30 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Yeah i do remember what its like being a teen, that wasn't that long ago for me. I never just went to some random neighborhood to drink I did party alot but we did it at a friends house and usually stayed there all night, but my main concern was if they were drinking them drinking and driving them killing someone, because in my state we've had a ton of people who have killed others in the past two weeks because they were drinking and driving. We actually had four happen over the weekend. I'm not a pesky neighbor.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 4:33 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Hey MrsOwen, I have a ghetto bird flying over my house right now! lol last night they were flying at 2:45 am. We have been having some gang issues here but never on my street )knock on wood) vgiron, I know how you feel. I have been alone here with my son in my own house for years and sometimes we don't want to hear about anything stupid or tragic happening near our home when we see the potential for it to happen.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 4:42 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• lol i hear the everynight
    one night they had our complex blocked off with 6 cop cars and a chopper over head ugh i couldnt sleep
    its every freaking night with these hood rats lol
    i cant wait to leave this city or at least this part of town
    thank god next jan my husband will have a raise and we can afford a better place lol
    i hate this place lol
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:45 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I live in a very quiet area and if I were to see something like that I, like you, would be calling the cops. They may have had more pressing things, but nonetheless, I would go there today and ask what the deal was and why no one showed up. If you don't get an answer you are satisfied with, I'd be going to the local news.

It doesn't matter how "non-important" your call was, someone SHOULD HAVE shown up...it's their freaking JOB to show up!!
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 5:23 AM on Jun. 29, 2009