my daughter is going to be 11 on the 3rd of july (puberty)

she has hair down below and a little underarm she also is developing breasts they are not knots anymore they are actually boobs but my question is on her left one she has hair and it is bothering her (emotionally) and it is not peach fuzz it is actually a patch (not thick) of long hair at the side of her boob what is it and will it go away?

2BOYS2GIRLSTIE

Asked by 2BOYS2GIRLSTIE at 6:55 AM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• It could be that she has to much testosterone.  The only way to find out is to take her to a doctor to get checked for it. My sister had to much of the male hormone and she had hair on the lower part of her back and stomach.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 7:07 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• is the hair from under dd arm or actually attached to dd breast and growing out the side of her breast? I had a worry of my daughter's development and I went to a breast speciality group. If its' about her breast and hair from it then see a woman breast surgeon. If its about her underarm and one side growing more hair than the other than see her ped. From there you can decide to see a pediatric dermatologist or even before.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:09 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Its probably just her hormones in overdrive..bring it up at her next doc app. and nair it off for her if its bothering her so much.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 8:00 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I would take her to the doctor, especially seeing it is bothering her. I wouldn't use anything to remove the hair until I talked to the doctor.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 1:52 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I agree. Just a quick trip to the dr will probably take care of that. It's probably just something hormonal

Answer by admckenzie at 2:08 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Check with the doctor and then if it is nothing to worry about, you can help her remove the hair!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 3:07 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Check with a doctor about it. Her hormones sound a little out of whack. Now is a good time to help her with that. Maybe it'll help the puberty transition a little easier for her too.
    Good Luck
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 7:59 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• thanks everyone for the advise im going to make an appt for my daughter
    2BOYS2GIRLSTIE

Answer by 2BOYS2GIRLSTIE at 6:00 AM on Jun. 30, 2009