Baby nightmares?

I have been staying at my dads for the past 2 nights until my AC gets fixed at my house. I have to sleep in the bed with my 16 month old and I have noticed she is very restless at night. At home she has her own room, so I guess I never really noticed, but she moves constantly and talks in her sleep. She keeps saying "No, shop it!" (which is her favorite to say when she is awake too) and she heard DH talking and, still eyes closed sleeping said "shop it daddy" and stuck out her tongue at him, lol.
Is this normal? Is she having night mares?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:10 AM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I often end up with my DD sleeping with me at night. And she is makes noises, says random words, cries, even sits up, looks at me and falls back on the bed. So I think its definatley probably a common thing. I have wondered if maybe its because of the cosleeping though. If maybe shes not as comfortable or something. I dont know.
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 8:23 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• My two year daughter has always been a restless sleeper. She says "no" a lot in her sleep and sometimes whines in her sleep. It is not constant and she rarely wakes up from it, so I just assume she is dreaming.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 9:23 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• My ss seems to end up sleeping with me almost every night we have him. For a while he was waking him self up at night by screaming and then he'd start crying and being hysterical. Once he was calmed down he would be fine the rest of the night. He hasn't had an issue lately and we wonder if it isn't that he just wasn't use to sleeping at our house to begin with. He did it the worse early on and then he would only do it when we tried to get him to sleep in his own room. It could just be the change in the sleeping arrangements or it could be that it is normally something she does. I know as a baby I would talk in my sleep and as I got older it continued. I still to this day will have whole conversations with people while I am sleeping and remember nothing about it!
    sarbar

Answer by sarbar at 11:27 AM on Jun. 29, 2009