• In the Spotlight:

Job Websites

NOT looking for a work at home job. I already have one, but don't make enough, so I need to go back to work, plus I want to go back to work, don't like staying at home.

But, my question is, what's the best job search website? Like where did you find your out of home job at? I've tried everything from yahoo jobs, to indeed, ect. I just don't want to waste too much time searching through one that's not really going to help me.

ABPeterson

Asked by ABPeterson at 8:11 AM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Money & Work

• I know that in NY I have went to the NY State Website and they have a link that lists jobs there. I used to look up jobs for people that I know there all the time.
    jenniferlee_12

Answer by jenniferlee_12 at 9:06 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I like Snagajob.com

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:08 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• you can go to HomeCareerSuccess.com, there is over 100 companies like American Airlines that hire people from home. It's in the forum.

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 3:14 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• So, there are the "big three": CareerBuilder, HotJobs and Monster.

Linkedin is becoming a critical piece of a job search.

Craigslist has many job postings, especially for small companies and independent recruiters.

Then there are the meta-search sites: Indeed, Simply Hired, and another one (the name escapes me). they pick up all of the big three, some individual company sites, a bunch of minor sites, some of Linkedin and nothing from Craigslist.

Less than half of the available postions are posted, you need to network to find the rest.

I do career & job search coaching. I am always happy to help cafemoms with resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview preparation. Feel free to contact me directly –Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 4:27 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Take a look at individual company websites. Many post only on their site and have fewer applicants for each position.
    regan1

Answer by regan1 at 7:22 PM on Jun. 29, 2009