Is it really easier?

It's been going on 6 days and I haven't talked to my ex. Sometime's I'm just fine and then in a split second I will be in tears. Does it really get easier? I love him SO much, and sometimes I just wish he would call or I want to call him sooooo bad. Is it really better to have no contact, to have a clean break from this man?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:20 AM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• Clean break is best..every time you have contact your taking a step backward. Take some time and you'll have a better perspective of the relationship as a whole.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 8:22 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Yes, a clean break is necessary. It's like trying to get off caffeine and needing that cup of coffee. You get the coffee, you enjoy the buzz for a while, then you are back to where you started.

Answer by Bmat at 8:24 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Agreed - clean break is best.

It *will* get easier.
    jessnpaulie1014

Answer by jessnpaulie1014 at 8:25 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Make sure it is really what you want, because even after 16 years, I still wonder if I did the right thing.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 8:26 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I promise it will get better. Especially when you meet another guy and fall in love again, you'll look back and think "why did I waste my tears over him?" Every guy I ever dated, I was so heart broken when we broke up, but now that I am with my husband and I now think ewww what did I see in them?
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 8:37 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Totally keep it a clean break. I'm so sorry you are going though this. It does hurt. I think you need to keep busy, surround yourself with friends and family. Clean, and exercise too. Time will heal you, and what you feel is normal. Don't give in and call him. You will only hurt yourself more if you do. Kind of like putting salt on an open wound.

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 8:56 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• This is a hard question. I am in the same situation. Everyone tells me to ditch the loser, but unless they're the one in the relationship, they will never know. What I have noticed is that I used to practice insanity all the time, blowing up his phone with texts, leaving notes on his door. Well he still hasn't changed and I have found myself getting tired of dealing with the chaos.I am not afraid to admit that I still love him but I also realized this has to stop! Giving him all I had and more and getting nothing in return. I go out with my friends more (at this point don't turn down any invitations GO OUT!) and have fun. I stopped thinking about him and the situation constantly and feel a little normal now. Stopped trying to get a hold of him all the time and bothering him. He's a jerk and even though I still love him I have let go more and more as time passes. This will get easier. I PROMISE. Hang in there. Be Strong!
    IheartWyatt09

Answer by IheartWyatt09 at 11:29 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Heres something that might help. http://www.wikihow.com/Get-Over-a-Break-Up. Don't beat yourself up if you break down and call or text or IM. It happens just try to be strong and not do that.
    IheartWyatt09

Answer by IheartWyatt09 at 11:32 AM on Jun. 29, 2009